Vermont Don’t Give a Fuck
|December 23, 2011||Posted by ReubenFB under Pointless|
These are seven polls, all up on the SportsNation site now, where Vermont is basically giving a big “fuck you” to the entire country. In case the gif was moving too fast for you, here’s a list of the things that Vermont apparently believes:
- Bernie Williams is (0 states agree)
- The Clippers are a to win a title this year (0 states agree)
- It would be more impressive to see Cam Newton break the rookie passing record than Drew Brees break the actual passing record (0 states agree)
- The Steelers should let Big Ben play until the game is out of reach (0 states agree)
- New York’s football teams than its baseball teams (2 states agree)
- The Laker’s will make the playoffs even if Kobe Bryant is seriously injured (2 states agree)
And the clincher…
Vermont somehow believes that the real star of the monkey-riding-a-dog halftime show at Denver ( see it here ) was the DOG! Which is insane, because without the monkey that dog is nothing and it better not forget it. , it might be one of the stupidest things ever posted on ESPN:
( The last image shows that Vermont is split on the Illinois vs. UCLA Kraft Hunger Bowl, 46 states picked Illinois )
It should be pretty obvious what’s happening here: very few people live in Vermont, so very few people vote in Vermont ESPN polls (less than 20 for most of these polls), so Vermont ESPN polls are victims of sample size issues and are extremely misleading.
That’s at least 90% of it, but it’s not completely satisfactory. Wyoming is smaller than Vermont, but it usually seems to vote in line with the Mountain West. Alaska and North Dakota are a little larger – within 15% – and they usually match the US. Is Vermont just a little crazier, as their microbreweries imply? Are living together in Burlington fucking with ESPN on purpose? We’ll keep on eye on the Green Mountain State for further monkey-hating developments and the like.